A+ Financial Incentive Requirements
Graduating SHS seniors who meet the A+ Schools requirements are eligible for two years tuition at any Missouri public community college or vocational or technical school. In order to meet these requirements students must:
- Enter into an A+ Schools agreement prior to graduation.
- Attend a designated A+ School for 80% of three years of high school prior to graduation.
- Graduate with an overall GPA of 2.5 or higher (on a 4.0 scale).
- Score Proficient or Advanced on Algebra I (or higher) End of Course Exam, or other MDHE approved mathematics exam. See note below.
- Maintain at least a 95% High School Attendance Record.
- Perform 50 hours of unpaid tutoring or mentoring of younger students.
- Maintain a record of good citizenship and avoid the unlawful use of drugs and/or alcohol.
- File the FAFSA (Federal Free Application for Federal Student Aid).
- Males students must register for Selective Service at age 18.
- Attend a Missouri public community college or post-secondary vocational or technical school on a full-time basis and maintain a GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Beginning with the Class of 2017 a combination of GPA and ACT score may be utilized to qualify in lieu of the Algebra I EOC component.
MDHE Approved Scores:
- Combination of ACT Score and GPA
- ACT of 17 AND a 2.5 or better GPA
- ACT of 16 and a 2.8 or better GPA
- ACT of 15 and a 3.0 or better GPA